Recipe by Tisme
When its raining and cold outside, try this. Just the thing to warm you up. Served with ice-dream or custard its delicious!
Top Review by I'mPat
I made the full recipe thinking that half an apple each would be a good size serve, well we could only get through one piece each, so when I make again I will do half a recipe. I baked at 175C fan forced and they took 45 minutes to get a nice golden colour. I think the extra time was due to the 8 pieces being tightly pack into the dish and didn't really allow for expansion so will try with them being more separated and I think they would cook quicker. Thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe tag game.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 120 g butter
- 1 egg
- milk, to combine
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 100 g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub butter into flour. Beat the egg and add milk, then mix into flour to form a dough.
- Divide this mixture into 8 pieces and roll out, fold around each quarter of apple, place into a greased baking dish.
- Pour over hot syrup.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- To make syrup ~ Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.