Healthy Apple Dumplings
photo by Single Serve
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated apples
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix the apple with the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Pour the water and maple syrup into a small saucepan and heat until simmering.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the apple mixture into three balls.
- Gently drop the balls into the simmering syrup and cover the pot with a well-fitting lid.
- Simmer the dumplings over a very low heat for fifteen minutes then serve them with the syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a single woman and I love cooking for myself as well as for others. I want to inspire others to feel the same, and to eat great, healthy food.