Light Apple Dumplings
photo by EyesForASkinnyFuture
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/4 cup whole wheat and 2 cups unbleached)
- 3 teaspoons sugar (I used splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large tart apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- cinnamon (to taste)
- PIE CRUST.
- Mix flour and sugar in bowl.
- Pour milk, vanilla, and applesauce into the same measuring cup. Do not stir.
- Add all at once to flour.
- Stir with fork until well mixed, then form dough into three balls.
- With a rolling pin roll out one ball at a time between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper using short, brisk strokes until pastry is the desired size and thickness.
- Core apples.
- Place an apple upside down on a crust and fill empty core with brown sugar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to your liking.
- Gather crust around apple and place on greased baking sheet.
- You can butter the tops if you like.
- Place Prepared dumpling in oven for 1 to 1 and a half hours. Or until top is lightly browned.
- I made mine in a toaster oven so I do not know how long these would take in a conventional oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello everyone! <br> <br>My name is Anna. I enjoy Cooking and Baking! But that's normal for Zaar people. I'm going to college for culinary arts. I enjoy health, nutrition, photography, and technology in general. I would love to open a coffee shop once I graduate from college. I love the taste of healthy. I dislike fast food. <br> <br>I hope you enjoy the recipes I post!