Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a Moosewood recipe. Perfect use for your summer garden vegetables.
Make and share this Golden Summer Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes, divided
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups vegetable broth, divided (I use homemade)
- 4 cups diced summer squash
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- grated monterey jack cheese or low-fat sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a big soup pot, saute/stir the onions in hot oil, over medium-high heat for 2 mintues.
- Add in the carrots and 1 3/4 cups sweet potatoes; saute/stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Puree the mixture in a blender (or use an immersion blender) until mixture is smooth; set aside.
- Bring the remaining water and vegetable stock to a boil.
- Add in the remaining sweet potatoes; let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the yellow squash, corn, turmeric, lemon juice and salt to taste; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the sage and reserved puree; stir to combine.
- Add in pepper to taste.
- Continue simmering until well heated.
- To serve, ladle into individual serving bowls; sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese on top or spoon a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.