Recipe by kiwidutch
This is an old family recipe that my Mother and Grandmother used to make... I have no idea where they got it from, it's scribbled in Gran's writing in my Mothers' cookbook :) We love it and it's a favourite weekend "easy meal".This recipe was a huge childhood favourite of mine, I adored it to bits, as did my cousins... now that I have made it as an adult again I see that my tastes must have changed.. and a perfect example of how your memory can play tricks on you... this a relatively bland recipe, far more than I remember... so now the light dawns why my Gran made it so often, My grandfather was the King of Bland and hated anything too spiced up... so if you are cooking for people like my Granddad and for kids, this recipe will hit the spot :)
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 cooking apples
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sausages and cut into thirds.
- Grate the apple, onion and carrots.
- Mix the flour, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce into a paste.
- Add the boiling water to paste and mix well.
- Add paste mixture to sausages and apple, onion and carrots.
- Cook at 180°C / 360°F in oven for 1 1/2 hours.