1/1 Photo of Golden Rice Pilaf
susie cooks's Note:
This is very good. I served it with chicken picatta and roasted asparagus. Great dinner! This recipe comes from Mark Bittman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently warm the stock with the saffron in a small saucepan while you proceed with the recipe.
- 2Put butter in a large deep skillet that can later be covered and turn the heat to medium.
- 3Add the onion and a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion turns translucent.
- 4Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is glossy and begins to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add the warm stock and stir. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 or 2 minutes, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- 6Cook for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 7Turn the heat to the absolute minimum (if you have an electric stove turn off the heat) and let rest another 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8Stir in parsley and lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g