Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist muffins with the added health benefits of bran.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup mild honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Butter muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter, and eggs. Add to dry ingredients along with raisins and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Very good muffins. We got 24 muffins from this recipe, which was great to freeze for another day. Made as directed except for the buttermilk used sour milk (milk w/lemon juice). Thanks for sharing!
I have made these muffins twice recently, I added a teaspoon of pure vanilla to the liquid ingredients. First time I added golden raisins, second time I used a few raisins, some dried cranberries and a few pieces of dried apricot that I had soaked in orange juice. I really enjoy this recipe, not too sweet, very tasty and great with coffee in the morning!! I will definitely make these again!!