Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A plain, simple muffin good with all types of spreads.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oatmeal and buttermilk; allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add in oil, brown sugar, and egg; stir to mix.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Distribute batter into prepared muffin tins, filling to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Really good! I added chocolate chips and it was a good basic muffin. They peeled wonderfully from the linings, i strongly suggest linings. Thanks
These were very good. I used 1/2 cup each white whole wheat flour and unbleached white flour for the cup of flour called for.
Great muffins. To reduce fat, I put in 1/4 c Canola oil, plus 1 Tablespoon Canola oil, and 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce. Great even with the changes.