Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy golden muffins topped with cinnamon sugar, best warm out of the oven but good cold too (be sure to wrap them up in plastic wrap so they don't dry out). The secret ingredient that gives these muffins their golden color is butterscotch pudding mix...
- 414.03 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 78.07 ml melted butter
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml milk
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin (s) well with cooking spray or use paper muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and dry butterscotch pudding mix.
- Mix brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add egg and beat with a fork until smooth.
- Add milk and stir until well combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry one.
- Mix with a fork until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Mix white sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until done.
These were yummy. Will be making again, however, next time I will try sugar free instant butterscotch pudding mix. Thanks for a great recipe.
These muffins are so moist and delicious. They have a very rich appearance too. My family loved them, and I will be making them regularly. They reheat in the microwave nicely too. Thanks!
Very easy. My family loved them!