Makes 1 1/2 to 2 quarts. From "Simply Delicious"- a cookbook of Herberger's Employee Family Recipes. Submitted by Nanette Grove of Moorhead, Minnesota (where I go to school!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons wyler's chicken flavor instant bouillon or 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower or 1 small fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- green onions or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour, unsifted
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1In medium saucepan, cook cauliflower in 1 cup water until tender.
- 2Reserve 1 cup cooked flowerettes.
- 3In blender or food processor, blend remaining cauliflower and liquid; set aside.
- 4In large heavy saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender; stir in flour.
- 5Gradually add remaining 1 cup water, milk and bouillon, stirring until well blended and thickened.
- 6Add cheese, pureed cauliflower, reserved flowerettes and nutmeg.
- 7Cook and stir until cheese melts and mixture is hot (do not boil).
- 8Serve garnished with green onion or parsley.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.0
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 1114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.3 g