Recipe by Bec
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 quarts. From "Simply Delicious"- a cookbook of Herberger's Employee Family Recipes. Submitted by Nanette Grove of Moorhead, Minnesota (where I go to school!)
- 2 tablespoons wyler's chicken flavor instant bouillon or 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower or 1 small fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- green onions or parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour, unsifted
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, cook cauliflower in 1 cup water until tender.
- Reserve 1 cup cooked flowerettes.
- In blender or food processor, blend remaining cauliflower and liquid; set aside.
- In large heavy saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender; stir in flour.
- Gradually add remaining 1 cup water, milk and bouillon, stirring until well blended and thickened.
- Add cheese, pureed cauliflower, reserved flowerettes and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir until cheese melts and mixture is hot (do not boil).
- Serve garnished with green onion or parsley.