Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice blend of flavors that produce o flavorful soup. I nuked the butternut squash and then scooped out the squash. From TOH.
- 3 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Sauté leeks and carrots in butter.
- Add butternut, zucchini, broth,thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in blender in small batches.
- Return each batch to pot and add in cream and milk.
- Heat soup but do not boil.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and chives.