1/2 Photos of Goats Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Red Wine Balsamic Cher
1 hr 25 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a great pork recipe full of flavour and really delicious, it is a little fiddly to put together but well worth the end result. The only problem that occurs sometimes, not all the time, is some of the goats cheese melts out, this is no problem once I slice the pork I just put the escaped cheese into whatever slice it is missing from. The tighter you can get the kitchen string and the closer together the less this will happen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (550 g) pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 300 g goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
Red Wine Balsamic Cherry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved (Fresh are best when I made this the other night I could not get any fresh as they are out of season,)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Using a sharp knife, butterfly pork down the centre lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through. Open pork out, using a meat mallet, pound to flatten to an even surface, do not over pound pork, season both sides of pork with salt and pepper.
- 2In a bowl combine cheese, basil and zest, until well mixed.
- 3Spoon mixture evenly over one half, remembering to leave enough of an edge, so when you fold over the other half so it covers cheese completely.
- 4Fold other half of pork over and secure with kitchen string at close intervals, place pork in a lightly oiled roasting pan and roast in pre-heated oven 180-190c for 45-55 Min's or until pork is cooked through.
- 5For The Sauce.
- 6Heat wine, water, balsamic and chicken stock, stir until almost boiling add cherry preserves, mix a little water with cornflour and add to sauce and stir until sauce thickens, add cherries and pepper to taste, stir until heated through and serve with pork.
- 7To Serve: Slice pork into thick slices and arrange on plate top with sauce. I served mine with twice baked parsnip mash and asparagus spears wrapped in bacon.
- 8Bon Appetit.
- 92-3 Servings depending on appetites.
- 10I serve this for 3.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goats Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Red Wine Balsamic Cher
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.7
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 198.3 mg
- Sodium 1001.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 60.1 g