Herb Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With White Wine Gravy
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (550 g) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 12 slices bacon, rashers (or enough to cover pork)
Sauce Ingredients (use 1-2 tablespoons juices from pork)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bisto, chicken gravy granules
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add butter and mushrooms cook stirring a few minutes until mushrooms soften and liquid has evaporated.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and herbs stir to combine, pour in the cream, remove from heat, allow to cool slightly, add breadcrumbs and egg stir to combine.
- Slice pork down the centre length ways, making sure not go all the way through, open out and flatten using a meat mallet. Spoon stuffing mix evenly over one half, fold over the other half of pork to cover.
- Take Bacon slices and wrap one around the pork to encircle, repeat with remaining slices so bacon covers pork. Place pork in a lightly oiled oven proof baking dish. Bake in pre-heated oven 180c for about 1hr or until pork is cooked through.
- To Make the Sauce.
- In a pan heat wine, chicken stock and water, mix a little water with cornflour and pour into sauce stir until mixture thickens slightly, Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pork juices from roasting pan.
- Add desired amount of pepper and finally stir in gravy granules, stirring until all granules have dissolved. Serve over pork.
- To Serve: Slice pork into thick slices, arrange on plate and pour sauce over the top, Delicious.
- 3-4 servings depending on appetites.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband loved this, I thought it was ok. The stuffing flavor was quite good. I would suggest using a thinly sliced bacon if you like your bacon crisp. In the given 60 minutes, it was overcooked and the bacon was somewhat undercooked, still kind of rubbery. As a precaution I tied the rolled roast. Next time: Once assembled & tied, I will sear the bacon to insure it is thoroughly cooked & more appealing. I will definitely adjust the baking time and use a thinner bacon. Also, I could find no possible way to use the dripping to make gravy. I'm a good gravy maker but just couldn't make it happen.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>