Cook5 hrs 30 mins
Elegant best describes this recipe.
Make and share this Goat Cheesecake With Lemon Curd and Raspberries (By Bird) recipe from Food.com.
Fresh Lemon Curd
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 cups raspberries
- FRESH LEMON CURD: In a double boiler, over medium heat, whisk all the ingredients together. Cook the sauce until thick, about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool. Makes about 1 ½ cups of Lemon Curd.
- CAKE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in 1 cup sour cream, Goats cheese, and sugar until the mixture is smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and lime juice and continue to beat until the batter is full incorporated and smooth. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Then place the pan into a waterbath. (a waterbath is a pan larger than the cake pan, filled with water half the height of the cake pan).
- Bake for 1.5 hours, or until the center reaches 147F with an instant read digital thermometer. Remove the cake pan from the larger pan and set aside to cool on a rack.
- Run a knife between the cake and the rim of the pan. Do not release the spring. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
- SAUCE: In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup sour cream and Grand Marnier. Spread over the top of the cake. Serve the cake with the lemon curd and some fresh raspberries.