Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh my gosh this is a wonderful appetizer! My girlfriend served it at a party and I would not leave without the recipe! Serve it with a homemade brushetta mix or one you purchase ready made -- YUM!
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced into 36 1/2 inch segments
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the bread slices on a large baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over the bread slices.
- Bake until pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Blend goat cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add parsley, thyme and lemon peel; pulsing to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a serving dish along side the toast and brushetta mix.
- Have guests spread cheese mixture on the toast and top with brushetta.
- Awesome flavor - Enjoy!
this was really good. i made this for dd's spaghetti dinner bday party. i made this along with bruschetta and crostini. as another reviewer said...the lemon peel makes this special and gives a burst of flavor. i used a whipped cream cheese with chives and roasted garlic and herb flavored goat cheese. i also added lots of cracked black pepper. it was really nice because i was able to make everything up ahead of time and it was a cinch with the food processor. served it all together on the same platter just like the photo! thanks for sharing!! nice and easy appy!
This is a great appetizer, everyone in my family just loved it, and all of my friends went crazy over them. Deeeeeeeeeelicious.
The lemon peel makes this spread very special. I cut the recipe in half and added 1/2 t salt...which initially I thought was too much. But it has aged nicely. I made some bruchetta topping but personally prefer the toasts with just this spread. Delicious!