1 hr 15 mins
This fish has an orange colour gravy and looks very presentable. This is the winning recipe of this week from the Thursday. It was submitted by Suganthi Kannan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg kingfish or 1 kg butterfish, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 green chilies, slit into two
- 20 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 1Grind together all the ingredients listed under"masala" in a mixer/grinder/blender, using a little water, and make a paste.
- 2Keep aside.
- 3Heat oil in a pan.
- 4Fry the onion in it till golden brown.
- 5Add tomatoes and turmeric powder.
- 6Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- 7Add the ground masala paste and curry leaves.
- 8Fry on medium flame for another 3-5 minutes until the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- 9Add green chillies, tamarind juice, salt and a cup of water.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Add fish pieces.
- 12Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- 13Serve hot with rotis or rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goan Fish Curry
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: