Recipe by Oolala
From Cooking Light, July, 2007 from the Superfast section. This recipe uses a package of already prepared gnocchi but uncooked shrimp and you make the pesto. If you followed but used prepared shrimp and bottled pesto-that would be SUPER FAST! I haven't tried it yet but like the way this sounds. Serving size is 2 cups.
Top Review by Groundhog Gal
To quote my husband "Home Run"! Giving four stars as I cheated and used bottled pesto (with homemade I am sure would be a five star dish). Used prepared shrimp also. Boiling the water is what took the longest--this is easy, light and delicious especially with asparagus in season. Thanks for posting, will be making again.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi, vacuum-packed such as Vigo- I have a frozen package from Trader Joe's
- 1 lb asparagus, about 4 cups, cut into 1 inch sticks
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced, bottled is fine
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a Dutch oven and then add the gnocchi; cook 4 minutes or until done (they rise to the surface).
- Remove with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl.
- Add asparagus and shrimp to the pan; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Drain and add the shrimp and asparagus to the gnocchi.
- Combine the 1 tablespoons water, basil, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides.
- Drizzle oil through food chute with processor on; process until well blended.
- Add salt and basil mixture to shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.