1/2 Photos of Gnocchi in Tomato Cream sauce.
1 hr 50 mins
Italian style baked dish. Great for pot luck and vegetarian meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion, carrot and celery.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion, carrot and celery.
- 3Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 fahrenheit (210 celsius).
- 5Add the tomatoes,including the juice,to the pan along with salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer for about 30 minutes until thickened.
- 7Don't forget to stir occasionally.
- 8Put in the blender and puree.
- 9Pour it back into the pan, remove from the heat and stir in cream and nutmeg.
- 10Season to taste.
- 11Place the gnocchi in a large baking dish and cover with the sauce. (Precook the gnocchi to package directions if you are using storebought gnocchi.)
- 12Bake in preheated oven until very hot and starting to brown on top.
- 13About 7-10 minutes.
- 14Serve immediatly, sprinkled with parsley.
- 15The sauce can be made a day ahead up until adding the cream.
- 16Only add the cream and bake just before serving.
- 17This makes a great and very tasty vegetarian dish or side dish.
- 18I like to make it with spinach gnocchi.
- 19Serve with bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gnocchi in Tomato Cream sauce.
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 130.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: