Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Naomi at the Better Batter Gluten-Free Flour website. Haven't tried this recipe yet, I'm waiting to get the flour in the mail. The instructions have been edited only for clarity from the originally posted recipe and at the moment prep time is an estimate and does not include refrigeration time.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer running, add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract; mix until incorporated.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide in half and shape into 2 discs. Cover each with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, and transfer to prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch in between.
- Leftover dough can be rolled and cut once more.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes; do not allow to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.