Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This easy, tasty shredded beef sandwich recipe is adapted from Saving Dinner's recipe by Leanne Ely. It is so easy to make in the morning and eat for lunch or dinner. It smell great too!
- 3 lbs rump roast or 3 lbs trimmed tip roast
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed or pressed)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup gluten free soy sauce (San-J's Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce. San-J also makes Low Sodium Soy Sauce)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water
- gluten-free barbecue sauce (sweet baby ray's or any gluten-free barbecue sauce)
- gluten free bread (I like to use Pamela's Gluten Free Bread Mix to make bread in a cupcake pan so I can make kid-sized )
- Put the beef, garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, gluten free soy sauce, and water in the crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or until very tender.
- Carefully remove beef from crockpot and shred with a fork. Or if it falls apart, just do your best to take out chunks and shred those.
- Assemble your sandwich using gluten free sandwich bread or buns and add gluten free BBQ sauce to taste. (or serve with rice).