1 hr 20 mins
I usually double or triple this recipe to keep on hand in the freezer for quick easy meals. They take a bit of work, but it's worth it! This recipe is taken straight from the pages of Gluten Free Anytime Special. However, here are some trial and error suggestions: Make sure you OIL not flour your board and cutters. That might seem obvious to some but I am used to making pastry and didn't think the first time I made these. If you flour instead of oil the edges of your perogies will not stay sealed. Freeze your perogies before you cook any of them. They hold up much better that way. Cook them for a few extra minutes after they started to float. Being used to store bought perogies, I assumed they were done as soon as they floated and they were still uncooked inside. Or at least double check one before you put all your condiments on them and pop them in the microwave for a couple of minutes if need be. I don't have a recipe that I use for filling. I usually just mash some potatoes with cheddar cheese and cottage cheese and add salt and pepper and chives. Whatever you use for filling is completely personal choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first five ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium sized bowl.
- 2Sift and mix dry ingredients together and add to liquid mixture.
- 3Knead well with hands until dough is smooth.
- 4Cover and let stand while you make the filling.
- 5Roll thin on an oiled surface. Cut with 2 1/2 inch round cutter. Place teaspoonful of filling on each piece and seal edges tightly together.
- 6Drop perogies into boiling salted water. Boil for five minutes after the perogies float to the top of the water.
- 7Toss in melted butter and serve with onion, bacon bits and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Perogies
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 550.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: