Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
nice little breakfast baked good. for the cereal, i used perky'os.
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon almond butter
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- chop almonds then gently toast on the stove top.
- combine dry ingredients; seperately mix wet ingredients.
- add wet ingredients to cereal mixture, then add in almonds.
- pour into baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. place aluminum foil loosely over top and bake about 5-7 more minutes, depending on flours used (garfava browns faster).
- melt about a tablespoon of almond butter in microwave and dilute slightly with water. drizzle on top.
Quick and easy. It is like a cake bar not granola bar. I used corn flourn (maseca), since I hate bean flavor (fava and garbanzo flours) in my gluten free cooking, and natural peanut butter instead of almond, since it's more affordable. I mixed all the dry together with the almonds and included the melty peanut butter in my wet ingredients. Since the last review was clear that 30 mins was too long I watched as it baked, and baked it for 20... perfect! Maybe cereal used is a factor?????
Wow, these were inedible for us. First of all, the cook time was so far off that after just 20 minutes they were burnt beyond recognition. I cut into them, hoping to try a little off the bottom just to get a taste of what was meant to be a great snack, and they completely crumbled. Not sure I'm willing to fork over another $5 for cereal to try this recipe again....