Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
photo by simplefoodhealthyli
- Ready In:
10 1.5x7 inch bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11x7 inch baking pan. If you don't have one, you can use an 8x8, 9x9, or if neceessary an 11x13.
- Place peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir together.
- Place all ingredients, except fruit, into a bowl. Using an electric beater or KitchenAid mixer, beat ingredients together for approximately 1 minutes.
- Peel a whole apple and thinly chop into pieces, no larger than the size of your thumb nail.
- Stir the apples into the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour the mixture into greased pan and press entire mixture down firmly with your fingers.
- Place pan into the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. If you are using an 11x13 pan, it will take a bit less time because the mixture will be much thinner.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into strips. Let the remaining bars cool entirely before you place in tupperware or wrap them in foil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made these with a few changes in ingredient amounts as I went along! I used 3 tablespoons of honey & the same amount for the vegetable oil, then doubled the amount of the unsalted butter that I had! That all worked pretty well for me, & we enjoyed these little treats! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]