1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free English Muffins
Chef #580742's Note:
From Celiac.com - "This recipe comes to us from Ellen Allard. Note: Make at your own risk--this recipe has not yet been perfected and comes out a bit chewy inside, but crispy outside. Please help us perfect this recipe by sending us any improvements that you make to it."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof the yeast with the sugar and warm water.
- 2Mix the white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum and salt.
- 3Combine the 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon sugar, egg whites, and canola oil.
- 4Add yeast mixture. Beat to mix.
- 5Add half of the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Add rest of the flour mixture and beat three minutes.
- 6Spoon into English muffin rings sprayed with oil spray and let rise about 45-60 minutes for regular yeast and 25-35 minutes for quick rise yeast.
- 7Bake 375F degrees for 20-22 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 350.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: