Recipe by wyojess
My hubby has Celiac and I always try to make food that the whole family can enjoy. Our small town has a limited supply of GF foods so I am always trying to figure things out myself. These were pretty good and held together!!!
egg roll wraps
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup potato flour
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
egg roll filling
- 1 cup shredded cooked pork or 1 cup cooked chicken
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 shredded carrots
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin. Cut rings in half after slicing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (la choy is gf and kikkoman sells a gf version. I just sprinkle it on until it tastes good, so not su)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together won ton wrapper ingredients in a mixer for 5 minutes (or knead until smooth). Dough needs to be soft but not sticky. If too sticky add more rice flour. If dough is too dry, beat another egg and add it a spoonful at a time until dough is firm and pliable, but still soft enough to go through pasta roller.
- Roll out with pasta roller until very thin (I took it to a "5" on my Atlas pasta machine). It will take a few passes through the pasta machine to get it to stick together well.
- Roll until thin (like a regular egg roll wrapper) and cut into won-ton sized rectangles.
- Cook all ingredients over medium heat until carrots are tender and cabbage is wilted. Let cool until just warm.
- Lay won rectangles on work space (like a diamond). Place filling on wrapper. Wet edges of wrapper with a little water and fold 3 points to the middle like an envelope. Then wet last point with water and roll closed. This might take a little practice!
- Deep fry at 350* for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with soy sauce or GF sweet and sour sauce!