Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple cornbread recipe that tastes pretty good and it isn't too crumbly either! This recipe is also good for biscuits. You may also substitute the milk for 1 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup milk.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature (set out cold ingredients for about 1/2-hour).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients, add cornmeal.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan, smooth.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Variation: Recipe makes 20 biscuits.