Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple cornbread recipe that tastes pretty good and it isn't too crumbly either! This recipe is also good for biscuits. You may also substitute the milk for 1 cup buttermilk and 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring ingredients to room temperature (set out cold ingredients for about 1/2-hour).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients, add cornmeal.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan, smooth.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Variation: Recipe makes 20 biscuits.
Great cornbread! Used it for stuffing.. added Granny Smith Apples, almonds and onions to veggie broth. Nice gluten free stuffing that didn't taste any different than usual !
I have given this recipe 5 stars with 1 addition. At the end, it looked like it would be too dry for me so I added a can of cream style corn, Voila! Moist, moist, moist-just the way I wanted it. I wanted a corn bread that would not be dry and would be great without adding butter or any thing else to it. This worked. ***Oh by the way, I didn't have white corn meal-the yellow worked just as well. Thanks Jesus Freak (P.S. I am a Jesus Freak too! What a great life with him in it. (:=)