I found this while reading on the net. We tried it and everyone in my house loves it! I think the Parmesan cheese really makes the crusting stand out on the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (use your favorite mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together
- 1 cup gluten-free Rice Chex, crushed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for pan-frying)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (for pan-frying)
- 1Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
- 2Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
- 3Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- 4In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- 5In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 6Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
- 7Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- 9In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
- 10Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Chicken Nugget
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: