Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The chef at the resthome where I work, adapted a basic muffin recipe just for myself and another employee. They taste great and will be a welcome addition to my kids lunchboxes and to eat with soup in the winter.
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Beat egg and milk together very well.
- Mix all dry ingredients and cheese together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones.
- Don't overmix.
- Bake at 210 deg C for approximately 12 minutes.
- Diced bacon, onion, parsley and corn kernels can be added to an extra savoury and high protein muffin.
Great recipe! I made these for a dinner when one of the guests has celiac disease. They were awesome, and no one else knew they were gluten-free! I had to give out the recipe. They were super easy to make and made 12 muffins.
Amazing and easy too! I made 17 mini muffins, 5 mini pizzas and breadsticks, so far. Added 1 1/2 tsp. x-gum, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, skipped the cayenne. Put pepperoni in the mini muffins. Next try will be muffins with crumbled bacon. Thanks for a fantastic recipe!