2 hrs 10 mins
This is a recipe from our local bulk binn store for a GF bread, which I have tweaked a little. I believe substituting molasses for castor sugar, makes for a lovely flavour, and keeps the bread moist for longer. The bread has a texture similar to Vogel's bread for those in NZ who know it. I cook mine in a Panasonic bread maker on the rapid bake setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/2 cup maize cornflour
- 1/3 cup soya flour
- 3 teaspoons guar gum
- 2/3 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar or 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole linseeds (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 350 ml warm water
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1Add dry ingredients to breadmaker.
- 2Add yeast to warm water with 1 tsp sugar.
- 3Beat eggs, molasses, vinegar and oil together.
- 4Add yeast/water mix to egg mixture and stir.
- 5Add wet ingredients to breadmaker.
- 6Cook on the rapid bake setting (2 hrs).
- 7Store in a plastic bag.
- 8Loaf should stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Brown Bread - Breadmaker
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 272.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: