Recipe by Elana's Pantry
I have been craving a good, healthy, tasty, gluten free bran muffin for quite some time. Finally, thanks to flaxmania (I'm on a string of flax recipes this week) here it is. http://www.elanaspantry.com/bran-muffins/
Top Review by Tea Jenny
I have a fondness for flax anything as when you eat it you feel full for ages, and these were very nice indeed. I don't have the blender you mention so I just ran my blender for longer and it did a good job. I didn't add the sesame seed, but everything else was as the recipe said. they have a very dark rich flavour, that must be the dates, and occasionally you get a crunch on the sunflower seed. and a chew on the raisins. I think the sesame would of taken over the flavour a bit so that is why I left it out, but I must say that I will definitely be making this again, a wonderful recipe, thank you for posting. Made for Honor thy mother the diabetic forum May 2011.
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 6 dates
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt.
- In a vita-mix blend dates, eggs, olive oil and water on high speed until very smooth.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and raisins.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and serve.