Recipe by cynthiagibas
This recipe is modified from a standard scone recipe that I found on about.com.
Top Review by Suzy mom to 2
I'm sorry to say that I found this recipe a waste of chestnut flour. I followed the recipe closely, except adding 1/4 c extra berries because I had 1 full cup at hand, and even so the scones were very dry. The taste of the chestnut flour came through very strong, but was not complimented by the other ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chestnut flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture forms a fine meal.
- Whisk eggs with heavy cream. Drain blueberries (I used Wyman's wild blueberries in a can) and add to wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients carefully into dry ingredients. Try not to squish the blueberries too much.
- Pat dough out on a flat surface until about 3/4 inch thick. Cut 2-inch circles. Bake at 425 until tops are slightly browned.