1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Az B's Note:
There are tasty little treats, good for breakfast or a snack. Beware though, they don't look like your average blueberry muffin....they are fully blue :) From Grain-Free Gourmet cookbook by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass. Suitable for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. www.grainfreegourmet.com For a good source of super fine almond flour, check out www.buyalmondflour.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- 2In a small saucepan, simmer the blueberries with the water until they release their juices and the mixture tickens slightly. Let cool.
- 3Combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 4In another bowl combine the blueberries, vanilla, honey, and eggs.
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- 6Evenly divide the batter among 12 muffin cups.
- 7Bake 25-30 minutes.
- 8VARIATION - MIDNIGHT ROSE MUFFINS:.
- 9Replace 1 cup of blueberries with cranberries. The dough turns blue but the cranberries provide a burst of red.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 119.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: