Gluten-Free Banana and Pecan Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Line a 33x23cm shallow tin with baking paper. Put half the nuts on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Chop roughly.
- Sift the flour, Xanthan gum and baking powder.
- In a different bowl, beat the spread and sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, adding 1tbsp of the flour mixture with each egg.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then fold into the mixture with the rest of the flour, chopped nuts, and dark chocolate.
- Put into the cake tin, level the top, scatter with the remaining nuts, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.