Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gluten-free banana and pecan cake
- 150 g pecan nuts
- 350 g gluten-free plain flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 225 g butter
- 225 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 85 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4. Line a 33x23cm shallow tin with baking paper. Put half the nuts on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Chop roughly.
- Sift the flour, Xanthan gum and baking powder.
- In a different bowl, beat the spread and sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, adding 1tbsp of the flour mixture with each egg.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then fold into the mixture with the rest of the flour, chopped nuts, and dark chocolate.
- Put into the cake tin, level the top, scatter with the remaining nuts, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.