Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Very easy and most items are on hand to make this delightful coffee cake. If you choose not to sift the flour, use only 1 7/8 cup. This recipe was given to me by a very dear friend and is always a big hit when shared.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add in sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour salt, soda and baking powder.
- If you choose not to sift ingredients, cut flour back to 1 7/8 cup.
- With a mixer begin with flour mixture and add alternately with 1 cup sour cream mixture, ending with flour mix.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased and floured 9x12 pan, sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture, then remaining batter and finally sprinkle top with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 27-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I had to bake it much longer, close to 45min or so. When I cut into it, I got worried that the crumb looked really dense, but surprisingly it was incredibly light and moist. My husband loved it and had 2 slices. I reduced the sugar in the batter since I had some sour cream frosting to top it with. For the batter, I substituted with dark brown sugar, and reduced it to 1/3 cup. The streusel center and frosting more than made up for sweetness, and it helped the flavour of the pecans and cinnamon to shine through.
I made this a couple of days ago~great coffee cake! Printed recipe, had ingredients lined up and realized I didn't have sour cream...digging thru the fridge I found cooked butternut squash, it was just the right amount. Added that in, a couple of shake of cinnamon in batter and followed the rest of the recipe. Result~yum! Plan on making it next week with sour cream.Thank you for sharing!