Recipe by Kim_150
This was modified from a 'regular' cheesecake recipe using a traditional graham cracker crust. Apparently there is some debate as to whether Bailey's is truly gluten-free, but my coworker who has a wheat allergy ate this with no problems. The filling could also be used with a normal graham cracker crust.
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free animal crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine cookie crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom and partially up the sides of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat until very smooth and no lumps are visible.
- Beat in vanilla and Bailey's.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 75 minutes. When finished, the center should be slightly wobbly, about the consistency of gelatin.
- Turn oven off, crack the door open, and slowly cool the cheesecake for 45 minutes. This step is not necessary, but will help prevent cracks from forming.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.