Chef# 616082's Note:
This is a delicious and healthy apple muffin that freezes well.
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot (or other starch)
- 1/2 cup almonds or 1/2 cup pecans, ground
- 1/2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder or 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups apples, shredded and squeezed
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1In a small bowl mix ground chia with 1/2 cup water till they gel then set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients well and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, soften coconut oil in microwave for a minute on high then beat in sugars, eggs, almond milk, chia gel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum to activate.
- 4Fold in grated apple and distribute in muffin tins.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 189.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: