Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious and healthy apple muffin that freezes well.
Make and share this Gluten Free Apple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot (or other starch)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds or 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder or 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups apples, shredded and squeezed
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a small bowl mix ground chia with 1/2 cup water till they gel then set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, soften coconut oil in microwave for a minute on high then beat in sugars, eggs, almond milk, chia gel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum to activate.
- Fold in grated apple and distribute in muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Yay for these muffins! They are filling, they are nourishing and best of all: they taste great without loads of empty sugar calories (who needs them anyway?) Once more one of your family's healthy and well balanced recipies is highly appreciated ;-)