Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in a Betty Crocker Cookie Mini Cookbook. Sounds good.
Make and share this Glazed Pretzel Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix sugar, butter, milk, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Divide 1 part into 12 equal pieces (keep remaining dough refrigerated).
- Roll each piece of dough on sugared board into pencil-like strip, about 10 inches long. Twist into pretzel shape. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool before glazing.
- For glaze: beat powdered sugar, almond extract and milk until smooth and of desired consistency.
- Tint with a few drops food coloring if desired.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Prep time includes 4 hours refrigeration time.
These cookies didn't spread out too much, which is so important. The other pretzel-cookie recipe I tried called for store bought dough, which was worthless. (After all that rolling and twisting, they came out looking like circles.) The only downside is that these cookies weren't very sweet, they tasted almost like biscuts. However, after I frosted them (Sugar Cookie Frosting from wyojess) they tasted better and much better the next day.