Rolo Pretzel " Cookies"
The only reason I added the word "Cookie" to the title of this recipe was because I took them to a cookie exchange. I guess, legitimately, they're a snack. Picky! Picky! Just consider them "GOOD"! Most of the "prep" time is unwrapping the Rolos.
- Ready In:
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 48 Rolo chocolates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place unbroken mini knotted pretzels in one layer onto a cookie sheet.
- Unwrap the "Rolos" and place one on top of each pretzel.
- Slide the cookie sheet into the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes (until Rolos get shiny, but still hold their shape.
- Take cookie sheet out of oven.
- Place another unbroken pretzel on top of each Rolo and press down.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for @ 10 minutes for chocolate to re-set.
- Scrape pretzels off of cookie sheet with spatula.
- NOTE: Do not try to slide Rolo Pretzels off of cookie sheet if chocolate isn't set - the chocolate will smear all over the place. If you don't want to do the "freeze" method, wait about 1/2 an hour and then "pick up" each Rolo Pretzel and set it somewhere to cool completely (It's going to take a while).
- I usually get 48 "cookies" on one cookie sheet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these with Snyder of Hanover Snaps Pretzels and Rolo Minis. I think they give the right amount of chocolate and carmel per each pretzel. I used a jelly roll pan and was able to put 112 on the pan. I heated them in the oven for 2 minutes then took them out and topped them with another pretzel square. The mini rolos are already unwrapped so it saves a lot of time.1Reply