Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Pampered Chef's Season's Best. I love these pecans on a spinach salad with strawberries and feta... mmmmm! I've also been known to eat them all before they get on the salad!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a large skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add pecans and cook, stirring constantly, for 5-7 minutes. Make sure pecans are all coated evenly.
- Spread pecans in single layer on parchment paper and cool completely.
So i was sitting around with my daughter and thinking to myself, boy am i hungry, low and behold i had a bag of left over pecans from the pie my mother in law made for thanks giving. So i jumped on Google and stumbled across this recipe. Checked my pantry and i had every thing i needed. So i put my baby in her high chair and we went to work whipping up this quick and easy glaze. Now i'm really bad in the kitchen and can only make a hand full of stuff but this was so easy i want to put it on all kinds of stuff (mostly nuts). I have been eating them as they slowly cool and they just keep getting better, no idea how long they are going to last on the counter while they set, hopefully my wife will get off work before i eat them all.
Yum! Easy to make, sweet, crunchy. Would be super on a salad or on an ice cream sundae! I miss the vanilla and cinnamon from other, similar recipes, but my husband says these are great just the way they are! :) Made for Fall 08 PAC. Thanks for posting!
Just made with a pecan walnut mix and tasted while they were still hot SO GOOD, now I want to try with almonds and pastashios maybe even peanuts.