Recipe by Oolala
My recipe differs from the others posted due to the soy sauce and OJ. No honey here but there is brown sugar. I found this smudged recipe card in my box and remember it from long ago! I'm glad to post this and now that I am thinking about it, I think my kids will like it.
Top Review by melbalou
This was delicious - I substituted toasted sesame oil for the butter and sliced the carrots into matchsticks before blanching them. Done like that, it reminded me of the ginger-soy carrots from Trader Joe's. Delicious.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into sticks, about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cream the butter with the brown sugar and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture melts and begins to bubble slightly.
- Add drained carrots and stir well.
- Saute 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soy sauce and orange juice and cook 1-2 minutes over high heat until liquid is almost completely reduced and carrots are glazed.