Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My recipe differs from the others posted due to the soy sauce and OJ. No honey here but there is brown sugar. I found this smudged recipe card in my box and remember it from long ago! I'm glad to post this and now that I am thinking about it, I think my kids will like it.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into sticks, about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cream the butter with the brown sugar and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture melts and begins to bubble slightly.
- Add drained carrots and stir well.
- Saute 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soy sauce and orange juice and cook 1-2 minutes over high heat until liquid is almost completely reduced and carrots are glazed.
This was delicious - I substituted toasted sesame oil for the butter and sliced the carrots into matchsticks before blanching them. Done like that, it reminded me of the ginger-soy carrots from Trader Joe's. Delicious.
These carrots are spunkier than the plain old brown sugar and butter glazed carrots. The flavors balance well. Easy to make, too! Thanx for sharing. We will enjoy these again.
These were very good, but the soy sauce was a little overpowering for my tastes. If I make these again, I'll probably cut the soy in half.