Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make this your new favorite.
Make and share this Glazed Corned Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket (comes with seasoning packet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- Rinse off corned beef and put in a large pot of water.
- Add package of spices and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce and simmer over low for 60-90 minutes.
- Remove from pot and place in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 60-90 minutes.
- Mix Brown sugar, mustard, and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pour over cooked corned beef and place back into oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked cabbage. You can add the extra glaze to the cabbage.
Always delicious. Simple. I LOVE this recipe. MMM mmm mmm! That glaze is excellent!
I have faithfully made corned beef for my Irish husband every year for 18 years. I have been disappointed with each and every one of them until this year when I tried this cooking method. I am going to be honest and tell you that I did not use the glaze for the first time, although I think I will try it next time. What I am mainly writing about is the cooking method. This makes the absolute best corned beef! Please try this the next time you want corned beef. For the first time in my life, the corned beef was not overly greasy and the flavor was incredible. Thanks so much for posting this! KCShell
Hubs loves corned beef, this was a nice twist. I also used maple syrup because it was all i had, and I increased the mustard to suit our tastes. Even my picky son liked it.