Glazed Corned Beef (Silver Palate)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs corned beef
- 1 cup dark orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place corned beef in large pot and cover with boiling water.
- Bring back to boil, lower heat, cover partially, and simmer as slowly as possible for about 3 hours, or until very tender when tested with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix marmalade, mustard and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- When meat is done, remove from pot and drain.
- Place meat in ovenproof dish and pour marmalade mixture over, coating thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until glaze is crisp and brown. (Mine had to go a few minutes more for the crispy coating -- worth it!).
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Join The Conversation