Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to "fancy up" carrots.
Make and share this Glazed Carrots With Irish Whiskey and Ginger recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/2-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin matchstick strips
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- Combine sugar, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and half of the butter in a large skillet. Add carrots in a single layer and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, then start turning the slices with tongs and reduce heat if necessary. When slightly browned on both sides, transfer to a plate.
- Clean skillet with paper towels. Add the ginger and cook over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Add to the carrots on the plate.
- Add remaining butter, the whiskey and broth. Bring to boil, then simmer 3 minutes or until syrupy. Return carrots and ginger to pan, and swirl with the syrup for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
We loved these. They had an actual glaze on them with caramelized flavor. The ginger flavor was subtle and just right and the sweetness was not sugary, but also, just right. Thanks for sharing-
Great carrots. Very simple and flavorful. I used baby carrots and added lots of ginger because I love it. Thanks Mikekey for a great keeper. Made for ZWT8 - Great Britain.
I loved these. Best carrots I have ever eaten. I had to cook in 2 layers so they would be in single layer. Made for ZWT8.