Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
A sweet & spicy little muffin that is great for breakfast, lunch boxes or a snack. The recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch's Country Baking cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixer bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, molasses, egg, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and zest.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add flour and sour cream; continue beating well.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin pans, filling cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I am just eating one of these little muffins right now. They're great - the lemon really complements it! I did find that muffin mixture was quite dry when I mixed it together - but they worked out fine. I also used light sour cream. Thanks for a great recipe!
This came together really quickly. I overcooked the first batch, but maybe my mini muffin pan (from Pampered Chef) has smaller cups, because I also ended up with 3 dozen muffins. I only had to bake for maybe 10 minutes. I liked the ginger flavoring with this and reminded me of when I was a kid. We always used to eat gingerbread with cool whip and these little muffins made me want cool whip! Thanks Kater!