1/1 Photo of Gingersnap Cookies (Soft & Chewy)
Katherine in Alberta's Note:
These are the ultimate soft and chewy Ginger Snap cookies! I constantly get requests and compliments on these cookies. I received this recipe from a friend and I have doubled and tripled this recipe for larger batches. These cookies freeze excellent. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves well and set aside.
- 2In another bowl mix with a beater 1 to 2 minutes the sugar, margarine, egg and molasses.
- 3Add the dry ingredients and mix by hand.
- 4Take one good size tablespoons of dough (or more to make a bigger cookie) and roll into a ball.
- 5On a plate put at least a 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 6Then roll the balls into the sugar.
- 7Bake at 350 on an ungreased cookie sheet (air-insulated type is the best) for 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnap Cookies (Soft & Chewy)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 198.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g