Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company. It is delicious with honey butter and would make a great loaf of raisin bread!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- (If dough is too dry or stiff or too soft or slack, adjust dough consistency) Checking Dough Consistency: Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; it should form a soft, smooth ball around the blade.
- If dough is too stiff or dry, add additional liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dough is of the right consistency.
- If dough is too soft or sticky, add additional bread flour, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
Outstanding! Loved the ginger flavor. I added raisins which gave the bread character. This is one of the best bread recipes I have tried.
This was lovely with butter...I used a whole packet of yeast and it worked well. I think I'll also add raisins next time. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I used the medium crust color setting. we didn't have any cloves, I added nutmeg in it's place. Also instead of regular milk I used powdered buttermilk, that I added water to. The bread turned out really well. It tasted great to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.