Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not really sure where I got this recipe, but is a nice change from the regular stir fry.
Make and share this Gingered Shrimp With Corn & Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place the broccoli in a steamer and gently steam until tender crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean tea towel, and lightly pat the broccoli to absorb excess water.
- Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, giner, and chile garlic paste until sugar begins to dissolve.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and when it ripples, add the scallions, corn and shrimp.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
- Add the broccoli, soy mixture, and stir-fry until all ingredients are coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Serve over rice.
This stir-fry is a keeper for us. I used low-sodium soy sauce, everything else exactly as posted. Definitly will make this again- thanks!!
I had everything required and made as directed for a lovely flavourful stir-fry with lots of crunch and wonderful veggies. Extremely easy to prepare, I chose to serve this over thin linguine, just felt like having pasta! very much enjoyed, thank you, Lori!
Great taste, with excellent flavors. I cut the corn down to 1 1/2 cups, other than that it was a winner here, and is a keeper. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.