Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A crisp spring dish! Serve with Jasmine rice.
Make and share this Gingered Scallop, Shrimp & Snow Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop, patted dry-lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and peeled lightly seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups snow peas, strings removed and cut in half on the diagonal (1/2 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- soy sauce
- fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, scallops & shrimp and sauté just until firm and opaque in the center, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Cook onions, peppers, sugar and snow peas in 1 tablespoon olive oil till tender crisp.
- Add scallops and shrimp back to pan for 2 more minutes.
- Season with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Plate over jasmine rice and top with toasted almonds.
- Garnish with Cilantro.
This was really good and quick and easy to make! The only thing I did different was use broccoli (the snow peas in the store looked really sketchy)and I used white rice. My fiance, who is not a big fan of what he calls my "stir-fry stuff" enjoyed this too. I had to cook it a little longer but that was because of the broccoli and I used about 1/4 cup lite soy sauce. Good meal!
AMAZING! I never knew I could make something this good! Thanks Rita!
quick and delicious, i made this as part of an asian dinner. i used sea scallops and basil instead of the cilantro, and it was wonderful! thanks rita