Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by Sharon123 from her Honey Almond Date Balls, I added raisins to bring down the price because dates are costly and added ginger to give a refreshing bite to all the sweetness.
- 1⁄2 lb almonds, finely chopped, toasted and divide in 1/2
- 1 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 ounce candied ginger, chopped Candied Ginger and Syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Place one half of the almonds and the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Roll into balls and then coat in the remaining almonds.
Easy and yummy! I had a lot of "rolling" almonds left over, so I threw them back in the food processor and made another batch. Oh no! Looking here at the recipe, I realize I forgot the honey! Oh well, they are good without. I handed them to my 5yo and 2yo sons and called them "Laraballs". They took a bite and both said, "yum!" Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
These are fabulous. Yummy, yum, yum! Easy and fun to make, but you do need a pretty powerful food processor. The ginger adds a nice "zing" to the cookie. I get more like 30-36 balls out of one recipe...I guess I make mine smaller.