1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Scones (Gift Bag)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt, soda, cloves and nutmeg. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2For each gift, measure about 1-3/4 cups of the mixture into a self-sealing plastic bag or airtight container. Seal bags or containers. Include recipe directions for scones with each gift.
- 3Recipe Directions: Pour gingerbread mix from gift bag or container into a medium bowl.
- 4Make a well in center of dry mixture. Combine 1 beaten egg, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon molasses; add to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- 5Quickly knead dough by folding and pressing it gently for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is almost smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough into a 6-inch circle. Cut into 6 wedges. Plae wedges 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse or granulated sugar. Bake in a 400°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are brown. Serve warm. Makes 6 scones.
- 6Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare Gingerbread Scones as directed through step 1. Store in an airtight container up to 6 weeks at room temperature or in a freezer container up to 6 months in the frezer. (Or prepare scones as directed through step 3. Cool completely. Place in self-sealing freezer bags or arrange in layers separated by waxed paper in a freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months.).
- 7To serve, using 1-3/4 cups of dry mixture for each recipe, prepare scones as directed in step 3. (Or thaw frozen scones in freezer bags or containers at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Scones (Gift Bag)
Serving Size: 1 (774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g